Previous Rule (52)
Rules about animals (47 to 58)
Next Rule (54)
Before riding off or turning, look behind you to make sure it is safe, then give a clear arm signal.
When riding on the road you should
- keep to the left
- keep both hands on the reins unless you are signalling
- keep both feet in the stirrups
- not carry another person
- not carry anything which might affect your balance or get tangled up with the reins
- keep a horse you are leading to your left
- move in the direction of the traffic flow in a one-way street
- never ride more than two abreast, and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads and when riding round bends.
There are no annotations yet for this rule.
In order to contribute your own annotation, you need to log in with one of these sources: