Previous Rule (145)
General rules, techniques and advice for all drivers and riders (103 to 158)
Next Rule (147)
Adapt your driving to the appropriate type and condition of road you are on. In particular
- do not treat speed limits as a target. It is often not appropriate or safe to drive at the maximum speed limit
- take the road and traffic conditions into account. Be prepared for unexpected or difficult situations, for example, the road being blocked beyond a blind bend. Be prepared to adjust your speed as a precaution
- where there are junctions, be prepared for road users emerging
- in side roads and country lanes look out for unmarked junctions where nobody has priority
- be prepared to stop at traffic control systems, road works, pedestrian crossings or traffic lights as necessary
- children, are looking the other way, they may step out into the road without seeing you.
There are no annotations yet for this rule.
In order to contribute your own annotation, you need to log in with one of these sources: