Previous Rule (121)
General rules, techniques and advice for all drivers and riders (103 to 158)
Next Rule (123)
Coasting. This term describes a vehicle travelling in neutral or with the clutch pressed down. It can reduce driver control because
- engine braking is eliminated
- vehicle speed downhill will increase quickly
- increased use of the footbrake can reduce its effectiveness
- steering response will be affected, particularly on bends and corners
- it may be more difficult to select the appropriate gear when needed.
The Driver and the Environment
There are no annotations yet for this rule.
In order to contribute your own annotation, you need to log in with one of these sources: